WCCW is looking for candidates for 3 different opportunities!
1. Summer workshop facilitators
Women’s Center for Creative Work (WCCW) is partnering with G.L.O.W. for a summer camp for adolescent and teen girls and we’re looking for workshop facilitators!
Proposals welcome for all types of practices — painting, drawing, collage, performance, comedy, improv, music, writing, etc…
Should be suitable for a group of 15-20 girls (ages 12 – 16).
Workshops will be scheduled during the week of Aug. 1 and Aug. 12 between 1:00p and 5:00pm
To Apply, please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 30th, 2016:
-Resume, with contact information.
-Description of proposed workshop, with schedule of activities over 2 day/4 hours.
-Proposed artist fee for workshop (2 days/4 hours + prep)
2. WCCW + G.L.O.W girls program mentors
This position will start during WCCW + G.L.O.W.’s girl’s summer camp, August 1 – 12th 2016, and continue throughout the 2016/17 school year. Mentors will need to be available for the camp and Friday afternoons during the school year.
The primary task of the mentor is to build community and trust among program participants. Mentors are assigned small groups and work to create community, friendship, emotional safety and trust for the teens participating in the program.
Regular trainings are required as well as some community outreach.
Upon hire – completion of Non Harassment Training, and Mandatory Reporters training; Ability to lead and implement program activities Strong communication skills.
Time Commitment and Pay
–During Camp (Aug. 1 – 12, Monday – Friday): 5 – 6 hours per day (includes a pre-camp meeting at 12:30pm and a 30 – 40 min. debrief as needed at the end of each day).
–For college graduates pay is $12.75/hour
-During the School Year: 3 – 4 hour commitment per day on Fridays
-Ability to join for summer program as well as 2016 – 2017 school year preferred.
Please email a current resume and short letter to email@example.com describing your experience with a mentor or a time in your life when you could have used the support of a mentor.
Questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
3. WCCW Workspace host for the fall quarter
- Welcome members and visitors
- Encourage new membership and community building
- Keep the space tidy and organized
- Assist with administrative work in connection with one of the five WCCW committees
- Help set up/break down events in support of programming facilitators
- Outgoing, friendly, and helpful
- Enjoy engaging new people in conversations about their work and life
- Interested in learning more about community or nonprofit organizations
- Savvy with email, google docs, and social media
Time Commitment and Pay
This position requires being on site at our Frogtown location for both of the following:
- One day a week from 10am to 7pm (Monday–Friday)
- Attendance helping out at up to one event per week (Evenings/Weekends)
This is a volunteer position with a small stipend of $100/month. Workspace Hosts also get a free “Intersectional Goddess” level membership (a $125 / month value) and can opt to help at any workshop/event and attend for free.