Outreach & Programming Coordinator
Under direction of Managing Director
Starting in July 2017, ongoing
Paid $20 an hour for 240 hours / quarter (approx 20 hrs/week). Paid monthly.
On-site position, with some off-site availability
- Assist in coordinating and launching new Programming Board
- Assist in coordinating and executing WCCW Community Survey to Elysian Valley Community, Feminist/Social Justice Organizers in LA, and Creative Practitioners in L.A.
- Aid in creation and/or re-configuration of WCCW programming, resources, and space-use based on feedback from survey.
- Ongoing management of WCCW outreach and programming efforts
- Ongoing facilitation of Programming Board
- Attendance at external community events (neighborhood council, kindred organizations, etc…), and WCCW events (1-2 times per month)
- Some English to Spanish translation of content surrounding programming
Ideal candidates are:
- Experienced with project management, community organizing, coordinating, and/or similar (2-3 years)
- Excellent written and oral communicators, English and Spanish proficient (spoken and written)
- Experienced collaborators who enjoy working as part of a team
- Self-starters, able to take projects from beginning to end
- Comfortable engaging with groups in small and large settings, occasionally speaking publicly on behalf of oneself and the WCCW
- Excited to engage in a collaborative learning processes with the WCCW team and community.
All schedules incorporate 4 weeks of paid time off annually: 2 weeks in August and 2 weeks in December/January, while center is closed for breaks.
At WCCW, we are committed to fostering personal creative evolution amongst our staff and are excited to welcome team members to grow with us as an organization. We are committed to helping our team members attain the skills and experience necessary for future creative or professional undertakings. We embrace differences in age, race, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our staff unique, and work to hire accordingly.
To Apply, email resume and cover letter to Sarah Williams at email@example.com
Interviews will take place on an ongoing basis until position is filled