This position has been filled!
Email your materials to info.wccw.us if you’d like us to keep your information on file!
WCCW is putting out the call for a part time Graphic Designer! We are in need of an enthusiastic, self starting person who will work directly with our Creative Director to help us with our monthly email campaigns and website content management, among other things. This is a great opportunity for any designers interested in Social Practice, Community Building and Feminism.
Position details and application instructions are below, email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!
Under direction of Creative Director
Starting in Mid-February
$15 an hour for 90 hours per quarter. Paid monthly.
Weekly time commitment of approx. 5 hours in house on either Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday
+ 3 hours online. Some weeks will have more work hours than others.
- Create monthly Mailchimp newsletter bulletin according to WCCW template
- Create Mailchimp email blasts for various announcements
- Create new event posts for WordPress website (using icons chosen by Content Manager), with payment buttons, as necessary
- Update past event posts on website with archival images, changing to archival posts
- Assistance with in-house design collateral (eg broadsheets, flyers, support on larger publications)
- Pre-press production assistance
- Attend 2 team meetings per month (2 hrs)
- Some event availability, approx. 1 per month
- Flexibility to work more hours some weeks than others
- Possess Adobe Suite fluency, specifically InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Be fluent in WordPress and Mailchimp software
- Have strong typographic skills
- Have a keen awareness of WCCW aesthetic and ability to work within it
- Be attentive to detail
- Possess copyediting skills
- Be organized and self-starting
- Interest in self publishing a plus
How to Apply
Create one 8-page PDF, formatted in the following way:
Page 1: Typeset cover letter stating why you are interested in working with the WCCW (500 word max)
Page 2: CV/Resume
Page 3–7: Five relevant work samples, one per page
Page 8: Contact info
Send pdf to email@example.com with subject line “Graphic Designer Application.”
Application deadline is January 27th.
Applications which are not formatted according to specifications or received after deadline will not be considered.
WCCW Hiring Policies
All schedules incorporate 4 weeks of paid time off annually: 2 weeks in August and 2 weeks in December/January, while center is closed for breaks.
At WCCW, we are committed fostering personal creative evolution amongst our staff and are excited to welcome team members to grow with us as an organization. We are committed to helping our team members attain the skills and experience necessary for future creative or professional undertakings. We embrace differences in age, race, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our staff unique, and work to hire accordingly.