Thursday, December 21, 7:30-9:30
Facilitated by Taleen Kali
15 participants maximum
Advance tickets: $24 members / $30 regular
Door: $28 members / $35 regular
Member price accessed with discount code at checkout. Are you a member and don’t know your code? Email firstname.lastname@example.org! Not a member but interested in these perks? Join here!
Need a tune-up amidst the holiday madness? Let’s take the time to tune in and tune up before the holidaze and enter 2018 with intentionality.
What is #PUNKROCKYOGA?
It’s a philosophy of approaching yoga which extends the ethos, freedom, and inclusivity of punk rock into a yoga class. We get a great stretch, listen to punk tunes, and make the appropriate choices that feel good for our own bodies, regardless of age, ability, race, gender, and orientation.
What Will the Holiday #PUNROCKYOGA Workshop Be Like?
In this workshop we’ll retune our bodies using sound healing tuning forks, chakra alignment, and yoga postures in sync with an Iggy Pop inspired #PUNKROCKYOGA playlist.
We’ll start with a visual meditation to tune up the chakras. We’ll use the elements most associated with the 7 chakras in order to meditate, move, and connect with our inner knowing and universal intelligence to bring forth insight into our creative lives as artists and activists. With the power of singing bowls, a punk rock playlist, and ambient sounds playing in the background, we’ll integrate our intentions as a community en masse. A yoga zine and crystal punk gift bag will be provided to set and share intentions.
What We’ll Cover
1. Community Discussion: How to use the language and philosophy of yoga to clear our minds especially during the hectic holidays.
2. A short asana practice wherein together we:
- Access and energize our 7 chakras
- Light writing work (bring a notebook!)
- Visualizations (bhavanas)
- Candle gazing
3. Extended savasana with crystals and aromatherapy.
What You’ll Take Home
- Body awareness, community connection, recharging, renewal
- Tools for creating boundaries in order to focus on staying grounded
- Simple movements to retune and recharge yourself at home in minutes
- A crystal punk bag: crystals to set on your nightstand and altar to access the intentions you set in class at anytime
- Iggy Pop 3rd eye pins (new pin debut!) to put on your most loved, soul illuminating punk jacket.
- PUNKROCKYOGA Manifesto mini zine
*All members get 20% off paid programming. A limited number of free spots are also available for Warrior & Goddess level members. Email email@example.com to inquire about free tickets.
Our program costs go directly towards compensation of the instructors and staffers who work the event. We want to make programming as accessible as possible to anyone who is interested, however, so we offer volunteer opportunities in exchange for membership, as well as free community tickets to each program (number varies depending on capacity of the class). Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info or to find out more about these opportunities for a specific event.